Welcome to Rhea Medical Center’s patient portal. Rhea Medical Center is pleased to offer this technology to you. By creating an account with online access, you will be able to view your visit summary, including medications and laboratory reports. Radiology reports are not currently available.
CREATING AN ONLINE ACCOUNT:
An online account can be created in 2 ways.
1. When you are registered at Rhea Medical Center for a service, tell the registration clerk that you wish to create an online account. You will need to provide proof of identify, (photo ID), and an email address. If you are requesting access on behalf of someone else, (i.e., legal guardian for a minor), you must provide proof that you are the legal representative.After your services, within 3 business days, you will receive an email from Rhea Medical Center inviting you to create your account.
2. You may come to Rhea Medical Center with a photo ID to request an online account. Please go to the Medical Records department and someone will assist you with creating.
Once you have received your Invitation via Email:
1. After selecting the hyperlink in the email, you will be taken to the New User Registration Screen.
2. You must enter your first and last name exactly how it was registered during your visit, your date of birth and create a user name and password. You must select the “I verify….” checkbox and click the REGISTER button.
3. You will then be prompted to set up security questions and must answer ALL of them. These will be used in the event of forgetting your password. Once the security questions are answered, click Submit.
4. You will be taken to a Patient Portal confirmation screen. From this screen, you may select Main Menu.
5. From this menu, you can select the action you would like to take, such as Message Center, View Clinical Information or Pay your bill.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is a patient portal?
A patient portal is an internet application allowing patients to access their electronic health record. The patient portal allows you to view some of your clinical information safely and securely.
How do I register for the patient portal?
When you are a patient at Rhea Medical Center, tell the registration clerk that you wish to create an online account. You will need to provide a photo ID and an email address. If requesting for someone other than yourself, you will need to provide proof of legal representation.
How do I log into my account?
Shortly after your visit to Rhea Medical Center, you will receive an email invitation to create your online account. Please follow the instructions.
What type of information will I be able to see on my account?
You will be able to view your laboratory reports as well as any visit summaries. Radiology reports are not currently available.
Can I send and receive messages to and from Rhea Medical Center using my account?
No. Sending and receiving messages is not currently available.
What if I forget my password?
If you forget your password or lock your account, follow these steps:
1. Select “forgot password” from the login window.
2. Enter your user name, then select submit.
3. You will receive an email with a link to reset.
4. Select the link and follow instructions.
What if I never responded to my initial invitation to create an account?
If you did not create an account with your email invitation, you will need to come to Rhea Medical Center with photo ID to have an account created.
What should I do if I find a discrepancy in my records?
If you find a discrepancy in your medical records, please contact our Medical Records department at 423-775-8577.
What should I do if I have questions about the clinical reports in my record?
If you have questions about laboratory results or other information contained in your medical records, please contact your primary care physician, or the physician identified on your discharge papers as the physician to follow up with.
What if I need to reset my password or change my email address?
You will need to come to the Medical Records department at Rhea Medical Center with photo ID.
Can I have one email for my family?
No. Due to privacy laws, each patient must have an online account. Parents and legal guardians can have access for the patient with proper photo ID.
Is my information secure?
The patient portal uses encryption to keep unauthorized persons from reading the information contained within. Information can only be used by someone who has the correct user name and password. It is important that you keep your user name and password secure. Rhea Medical Center cannot be responsible for your user name and password.
Can I allow someone else to view my records?
You may authorize someone else to view your records. If you wish to do so, you must come to the Medical Records department at Rhea Medical Center with the person you with to authorize. Both you and the person you wish to authorize must bring photo ID.