POSITION: Surgery Director
HOURS: Full time
SUMMARY: Supervision of the delivery of direct and indirect patient care.
Demonstrates positive and effective advanced professional nursing leadership skills.
Coordinates staffing resources based on patient acuity and staff skill levels.
Competently performs direct and indirect patient care activities effectively utilizing the nursing process and the nursing delivery model.
Actively participating in comprehensive continuous improvement process.
Demonstrates effective communication and positive leadership strategies.
Demonstrates responsibility for personal and professional growth. Participates in creating an atmosphere of mutual trust, acceptance, recognition and respect.
Manages the surgery department; responsible for budgeting, staffing, scheduling, training, and performance
Improvement activities. Also performs direct patient care in surgery. Requires periods of on-call time.
- Current licensure as an RN
- BLS, ACLS certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Experience managing or helping to manage a surgery department.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills in dealing with patients, physicians and fellow employees.
- Ability to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, lift up to 30 lbs., operate surgery equipment with or without assistance.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE -“all positions/ applicants require drug testing as a condition of employment”
email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our Employment Application >>