Rhea Medical Center participates in the following insurance plans:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Advantage (Medicare Replacement)
- BlueCare Tenncare
- Blue Cross (all States)
- Blue Classic
- Blue Select
- Blue Cross Preferred
- Connecticut General
- First Health
- Great West Healthcare
- Humana Gold
- Mutual of Omaha
- Principal Life
- Tenncare Select Tenncare
- Tricare West
- United Healthcare Commercial Networks
- United Healthcare Community Plan-Tenncare Only
- Windsor Medicare
**If you are unsure, or cannot determine our participation, please call our Patient Account Representative at 423-775-8563.**
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR THOSE UNABLE TO PAY FULL COST OF CARE:
Rhea Medical Center is committed to providing quality healthcare to the community and surrounding areas.
Patients with a medical emergency will be treated without regard for ability to pay.
For patients who are unable to pay, Rhea Medical Center offers a financial assistance program in the form of charity. You may be eligible for free or discounted services.
HOW ELIGIBILITY IS DETERMINED:
- Total family income, family size, available resources and assets, expected income, living expenses, and medical bills may be used to determine your eligibility.
- If your family income is less than 150% of the US Poverty Guidelines, you may be eligible for free care. If your income is less than 300% of the US Poverty Guidelines, you may be eligible for discounted care.
- You may qualify for free or discounted care if you are medically indigent. Medically indigent means that if you had to pay all of your medical bills, you would become impoverished. Copies of all medical bills would be required to show indigency.
- Services that you request must be medically necessary and cannot be elective or cosmetic in nature.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:
- You may call our Patient Account Representative at 423-775-8563, Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM to have a financial application mailed to your home or to make an appointment.
- You may come by Rhea Medical Center to obtain a copy of the application.
- If you are registered for a service, and state that you have no insurance, or it is determined that your insurance is not sufficient enough to cover the cost of your care, you will be offered a financial assistance application.
Our Patient Financial Counselor will assist you in completing the application. If you need assistance, or have questions about applying for the financial assistance program, please call 423-775-8563 to make an appointment. Please be sure to bring proof of your income, assets, monthly expenses and any medical bills that you may have.
If you wish to mail your completed application with proof of income, assets, expenses and medical bills, you may mail to:
ATTN: Patient Financial Counselor
Rhea Medical Center
9400 Rhea County Highway
Dayton, TN 37321
Once you have submitted your financial assistance application, the application will be processed promptly and you will be notified of approval or denial.